Marketing is about communicating your club’s activities and facilities to attract members, funds and other resources. It can be as simple as placing an ad in the local newspaper or as complex as repositioning your club in the market. Marketing focuses on finding out who your customer is and tailoring your activities to that market.
Good marketing can help your bowls club to:
- Increase membership
- Increase overall participation
- Recruit volunteers
- Increase funds via membership and associated activities which can be used to undertake further marketing activties or add value to your members and supporters
- Create and maintain a positive image
- Increase the number of coaches and officials
- Engender support from the public
- Keep member costs/fees to a reasonable minimum
Bowls Australia has created a free guide for clubs on how to best maximise the use of Facebook.
Bowls Australia has also prepared a resource in this space here:
The Perfect Delivery is a great resource for your club that includes valuable information to help market your club including:
- Club marketing strategies
- Conducting an open day
- Membership – how to recruit and retain members
- Fun formats – Alternative activities
- Target groups
The Sports Community website also is a great resource for clubs for information on:
For more assistance on how best to market your club or if you have something specific you would like help in giving publicity to, contact email@example.com.