A fully registered member of a Bowls SA affiliated club may play in a mid-week (Monday – Friday inclusive) pennant competition or Saturday (including Friday night) pennant competition for a Member Club other than the member’s nominated Member Club provided:
- The member’s nominated Member Club does not participate in a comparable mid-week (Monday-Friday inclusive) pennant competition or Saturday (including Friday night) pennant competition;
- Both Member Clubs involved consent
- A Pennant Permit Request Form is completed and approved by the relevant association/s annually
All Associations are to administer the Pennant Permit in line with the Bowls SA By-Laws.
- A Pennant Permit is required to play for clubs within the same association (intra-association) is to be decided by the relevant Association.
- Permission to play for clubs in different associations (inter-association) is to be decided by both Associations.
Intrastate Pennant Permit
If you would like to play either a mid-week or Saturday competition, if your primary club doesn’t have a team within the respective competition, please:
- Read the attached form, to see if you would be applicable for the permit, if so:
- Get both clubs involved (Current club to fill out section 1 and secondary club to fill out section 2)
- The form will need to be sent the association which the competition is held (this may be two associations if inter-association permit)
- A payment of $20 to the association needs to be completed
- Associations are required to send the completed form to Bowls SA, to finalise the process and input the changes via Bowlslink.
Interstate Pennant Declaration
If a player wishes to play in a Pennant competition within a different State of Territory Association (STA), which is different from the STA their primary club is affiliated, please:
- Download and read the Interstate Pennant Declaration form
- Gain approval from your current club and name the club you will be representing in another State
- The singed form needs to be sent Bowls SA via firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Bowls SA will approve the Pennant Declaration and send a copy to the State Governing Body you wish to join for approval.
- The State Governing Body will then update your details on Bowlslink (if applicable)