MBA – Female Executive Committee Members – Expressions of Interest
Role of the Executive Committee
The role of Metropolitan Bowls Association Executive Committee is to provide effective, transparent and professional governance of the metropolitan bowls competitions.
The Executive Committee is tasked with determining directions, policies and conditions of play, acting in accordance with the Objects and Purposes of the Metropolitan Bowls Association Constitution, for the collective benefit of all metropolitan Member Clubs and Members and for the future of the sport.
Their primary role is to encourage, conduct, promote, advance and administer the game of bowls in the metropolitan area and may establish committees and special panels, and appoint Members to those committees and special panels and engage consultants, if considered necessary, to carry out such duties and functions.
The Executive Committee may by resolution, amend or repeal any decision made by these bodies or person but only where the decision is clearly contrary to the Metropolitan Bowls Association Constitution, By-Laws, Policies, Corporations Law and the Objects and Purposes of the Metropolitan Bowls Association or the particular committee’s delegation.
In accordance with the Metropolitan Bowls Association Constitution, the Executive Committee will be empowered to act on disciplinary matters, breaches of the Law of the Sport, Conditions of Play and the general conduct of bowls in the metropolitan area.
Consider marketing opportunities, as are appropriate to further the Objects and Purposes of the Metropolitan Bowls Association, provided they are not in conflict with Bowls SA.
The Executive Committee may also conduct research for improvements in bowls competitions.
Represent the interests of metropolitan Member Clubs and their Members and of Bowls generally in any appropriate forum have regard to the public interest in its operations and promote sound health and safety and welfare practices to Members.
PrerequisitesEssential:– Have a strong business background, especially in areas of administration, management, and policy making.
- Compilation of Pennant Draws;
- Conditions of Play;
- Event Management
- Current technology;
- IMG Sports Desq.
– Have strong and effective communication skills.
– Ability to weigh up all facts presented and make a decision based on those facts.
– Be discerning, definitive and thorough in the assessment of proposals for change to the purposes of the Metropolitan Bowls Association and to the metropolitan pennant competition.
– Have a broad knowledge of accounting and budgets.
– Be fully conversant with the Laws of the Sport of Bowls
– Be fully conversant with the game of bowls, the terminology and how it is played
– Have sound computer skills and be accessible by email
– Present in a manner that promotes the Metropolitan Bowls Association and the sport to the wider community.
– Suitable personal and presentation skills to represent the Metropolitan Bowls Association, as a spokesperson, in a range of forums.
– Qualified Umpire
– Qualified Coach
To apply please email or call Ron Mulliner on the details below;
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 0407 876 377