Trans and Gender Diverse Inclusion in Sport
All Australians should have the opportunity to be involved in sport and physical activity, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, ability, cultural background or ethnicity. It is important that sporting bodies, from local clubs through to national sporting organisations, reflect the diversity in the communities they are a part of, and that together, we ensure every person is treated with respect and dignity and protected from discrimination.
In 2019 Sport Australia, in partnership with the Australian Human Rights Commission, developed guidelines for the inclusion of trans and gender diverse athletes in sport.
The Guidelines provide practical advice on how sporting organisations can create and promote an inclusive environment for transgender and gender diverse people.
The range of resources includes:
- Frequently asked questions sheet on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Common scenarios and everyday stories sheet on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Poster and fact sheets on trans and gender diverse inclusion in sport
- Education (PPT) resource on trans and gender diverse inclusion
- Top tips and how-to-do sheet on enacting trans and gender diverse inclusion for clubs and organisations
- Videos and podcasts
- Templates for clubs
To view the guidelines – click here
For more information, go to Sport Australia’s website – click here
Image taken from Sport Australia 4/3/2020.