POSITION VACANT –SPORTS ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
Bowls SA, the State Association for lawn bowls has an exciting opportunity for a motivated, pro-active, Sports Administration Officer to join the team governing the sport Lawn Bowls in South Australia, with 213 member clubs and over 20,000 registered members.
The role is being offered as a permanent, part time position (Monday – Friday 9:30 – 4pm)
The Sports Administration Officer is responsible for
- First point of contact for the Bowls SA office;
- Administrative servicing to facilitate the achievement of operational objectives;
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the Bowls SA office;
- Ensure that all enquiries and communications, both written and verbal, are dealt with professionally and promptly thereby ensuring that a high level of service to members, volunteers and stakeholders is maintained.
Position reports to the Business Services Manager.
As part of the administration team you will be primarily responsible for providing administration support to the organisation, but not limited to;
Work, Health & Safety
The successful applicant will possess:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships and work with volunteers, staff and other key stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of the sporting sector,
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management skills and ability to deliver initiatives and programs, and project manage multiple projects with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well individually and as a part of a team.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.
- Tertiary qualifications in sport management is highly desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- The ability to work out of hours and weekends as required.
- A current Driver’s Licence.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com with a resume and cover letter by 5pm Monday February 15 2021.
Applicants may be shortlisted and contacted prior to applications closing.