2021 Country Round Robin – Day three Results
Day three ‘moving day’ at the 2021 Country Round Robin events is now complete and whilst some teams moved up and down the competition ladder, some familiar teams couldn’t be budged from the top of the tree as they place one hand on the trophy ahead of tomorrow mornings final round of matches. Another big thank you to the volunteers of the Marion & Lockleys Bowling Clubs as well as our officials for another long, warm day to keep the event on track.
Our day three event also saw Bowls SA hold it’s ‘Breakthrough community round’ partnering with Breakthrough Mental Health Research foundation to raise awareness and money to battle mental illness. We thank all of our players, managers and host clubs for donning the purple and blue armbands to raise awareness as well as all donations received on the day.
In the Men’s event, the defending champions Region 7 – Fleurieu & KI are just one win away from going through undefeated to claim a historic back to back victory. They will however need to overcome a plucky Region 4 – North Eastern outfit in the morning who won’t challenge for top honours did win two games today and will have nothing to lose on the final day. If Region 7 were to slip up, it could open the door for Region 6 – Eastern who sit just one win behind and will be looking to take care of Region 5 – Eyre Peninsula in the morning to put the pressure on. Should both teams be locked on overall wins, the title will be decided by first Rinks won then shots up.
As the Bowlslink system doesn’t currently record rink wins, the current ladder is as follows:
1. Fleurieu & KI 12 points 19 rink wins +106 shots
2. Eastern 10 points 21 rink wins +82 shots
3. South Eastern 8 points 17 rink wins +68 shots
4. Yorke Peninsula 6 points 15 rink wins +27 shots
5. North Eastern 4 points 11.5 rink wins – 98 shots
6. Lower North 4 points 8 rink wins -111 shots
7. Upper North 2 points 13 rink wins -31 shots
8. Eyre Peninsula 2 points 13 rink wins -43 shots
Whilst in the women’s event Region 5 – Eyre Peninsula still sit on top of the ladder with one round remaining. An early blemish on day three with a one shot loss to Region 1 – South Eastern has kept the door ajar but a win in the morning over Region 6 – Eastern will see the Eyre Peninsula ladies home. Hot on their heels though is Region 1 – South Eastern who along with that one shot win over Eyre Peninsula also defeated Region 6 – Eastern by seven shots to remain just one win behind. Like in the Men’s event the winners will be decided by side wins then rink wins and shots up and South Eastern do have a healthy rink win tally to snatch the title should they win and Eyre Peninsula falter in the morning.
As the Bowlslink system doesn’t currently record rink wins, the current ladder is as follows
- Eyre Peninsula 10 points 13.5 Rink wins +69 shots
- South Eastern 8 points 13.5 Rink wins +12 shots
- Lower North 6 points 13.5 rink wins +7 shots
- Yorke Peninsula 6 points 13.5 rink wins -28 shots
- Fleurieu & KI 6 points 12 rinks wins +2 shots
- Eastern 4 points 11 rink wins -49 shots
- North Eastern 4 points 9.5 rink wins 0 shots
- Upper North 4 points 9.5 rink wins -13 shots
As you can see there is plenty to play for on the final day, along with the honours of top rink for the men’s & women’s event so get down to the Marion & Lockleys Bowling clubs from 8:30am to witness the thrilling conclusion to the 2021 COuntry Round Robin events.
To view all the results from the Men’s Country Round Robin, please click here
To view all the results from the Women’s Country Round Robin, please click here
Click on the following links for more information: