SA.GOV.AU COVID-19 Response – Circuit breaker restrictions 18 November 2020
SA.GOV.AU COVID-19 Response
COVID response updates – from SA.GOV.AU
Circuit breaker restrictions 18 November
As you are probably now aware South Australia will be implementing a circuit breaker from 12:01 am Thursday, 19 November 2020 for the next 6 days aiming to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our state.
Official Directions will be published and instructions will be provided in further detail later in the day as the situation progresses.
Please remain calm and we will provide further detail as soon as we can.
South Australia will pause, and people will need to remain at home for the next 6 days.
The following list is not complete we are currently working through the restrictions but are current at the time of this post.
The following will be permitted to remain OPERATIONAL to maintain critical services only:
- Critical infrastructure including power, telecommunications, water
- Supermarkets for essential food
- Bottle shops
- Medical supplies and medical services
- Public transport
- Airport and essential freight
- Petrol stations
- Post Offices and Banking institutions
- Child care and schools for essential services workers only
- Essential agriculture services
- Factories remain open for essential machinery upkeep and production of essential products only
- Mining and smelting for continuity and to prevent damage.
People will only be able to leave their homes for the following reasons:
- To go to work as an emergency services worker or to worker providing essential services
- For agricultural work
- To receive medical care including seeking COVID-19 testing
- To obtain medical supplies
- One person from the household once a day to attend supermarkets to obtain essential supplies
- Organised end of life visits
- In an emergency situation.
***NOTE YOU CAN NOT LEAVE YOUR HOME TO EXERCISE.
The following businesses will CLOSE:
- Takeaway food services
- Shops (excluding essential food services)
- Universities and tertiary education facilities
- Pubs, restaurants, cafés and food courts
- Elective surgery, except cancer
- Open inspections and auctions
- Fly in fly out worker
- Aged care and disability facilities will go into lockdown
- Construction industry
- Holiday homes and other holiday accommodation and no further bookings
- Wedding and funerals cancelled and banned
- Outdoor sport/fitness/exercise not permitted
- Regional travel not permitted
Please remain calm and be patient while we work together to get this information out to the community of South Australia.
You will need to wait for further information in relation to this however, if you have any pressing questions in relation to COVID-19 information please contact the SA COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 253 787 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm 7 days per week or go to the SA Health website.