International Women’s Day
Sunday 8 March is International Women’s Day and all week we’ve been celebrating the women and girls in our bowls community over on our sister Facebook page, Leading Without Bias.
This year’s campaign theme is #EachforEqual, where an equal world is an enabled world.
Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day. We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements. Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world. Let’s all be #EachforEqual.
We are proud to have featured just a few of the bowls community, for their championing of great leadership and role modelling to others:
- Janice (Jackie) Kelly OAM, Parndana Bowling Club
- Cassandra Harvey, Adelaide Bowling Club
- Cath Greenslade, Riverton Bowling Club
- Sandy Wallace, Adelaide Bowling Club
- Vicki Feast, Toorak Burnside Bowling Club
- Kate Argent-Bowden, Angaston Bowling Club
We want to encourage and support women and people who identify as a woman and currently have the following opportunities open to all members:
- Better Board Recruitment for Clubs, Friday 27 March, For all new, existing and aspiring board members – click here
- Coaching courses and extension workshops, through the month of May – click here
- Under 18 Open Training Session, Sunday 29 March – click here
- State Multi Disability Training, Information and Classification Day – click here
- Regional Event Manager positions (seeking women to fill these positions in each country region) – click here
Bowls SA is committed to creating an equal world for all genders in bowls and improve the statistical data on female participation from 2018/19 in the following areas:
- 35% of Bowls SA’s board was female
- 34% of club leadership positions* were female (includes president, secretary, treasurer)
- 12% of club presidents were female
- 23% of coaches were female
- 30% of active members were female
For more information on International Women’s Day, please click here
Image of Jamestown’s team in the Club Holdfast Ladies Rainbow Day, 2 March 2020.