Grant Application Process
This information aims to maximise the opportunity for Member Clubs to be successful in securing funding when submitting applications for Office for Recreation and Sport grants, and ensure that any letter of support provided is specific to the Club’s application and complements the Bowls SA Strategic Plan: 2018-2022.
The Bowls SA procedure for all ORS Grant Applications that require a letter of support from Bowls SA is:
- Member Club sends the completed Grant Application (available on the Office of Recreation website http://ors.sa.gov.au under “Funding”) to Bowls SA at least 2 weeks (10 working days) before the Application closing date. This allows sufficient time for Bowls SA to liaise with the Club if additional information is required. Key things to mention on both forms is the benefit of the project to the club and sport. It is important to link any Facility Requests with the Bowls SA Statewide Audit & Master Plan Report (http://www.bowlssa.com.au/About-Us/State-wide-Facilities-Audit-Master-Plan).If your club has not completed its Grant application 10 working days before the application closing date, please still send through what you have completed to Bowls SA, otherwise we may not be able to provide a letter of support.
- Bowls SA will assess and review the Application to ensure that it has been completed appropriately and all required documentation has been provided, and if necessary contact the Club to discuss any alterations that may need to be made.
- A Bowls SA Staff Member will prepare a letter of support and/or Peak Body Support Form specific to your Club’s Application (if all requirements are met).
- Bowls SA will then send the letter of support, to the club, by the closing date.
- The club will then be responsible for lodging the application with the Office for recreation and sport.
These procedures will also apply for other Grant Applications seeking letters of support.
Following the steps above will reduce delays in the application process.
A REMINDER THAT REQUESTS FOR LETTERS OF SUPPORT MUST BE PROVIDED TO BOWLS SA AT LEAST 10 WORKING DAYS BEFORE THE GRANT CLOSING DATE.
This process allows Bowls SA to prepare a letter addressing the key points specific to your club’s application. It also allows Bowls SA to identify which applications are successful, allowing us SA to better assist clubs in gaining funding support through these types of programs.
Letters of Support are not just “rubber stamps” as Bowls SA has a responsibility to the Government as a State Sporting Organisation to make informed and appropriate decisions on these matters. Please assist Bowls SA in helping your club to gain funding from these programs by following the above process.