The BowlsLink project involves a partnership between the sport’s national governing body and seven State and Territory Associations to develop a tailor-made IT system for all levels of the sport, inclusive of a modern competition management system, a centralised connected membership database system, and new and improved websites.
The BowlsLink system is being developed by Melbourne-based web development agency Savage Bull, following a comprehensive 18-month tender process, led by a working group featuring a cross-section of the sport’s key stakeholders.
For more information and training resources visit the Bowls Australia Bowls Link Web page
To access the BowlsLink site click the following link:
With 2019-20 pennant season well underway it is great to see that a large portion of Clubs and Associations are utilising the BowlsLink system for score entry.
Again thank you for all your patience and support during this time. Following on from another meeting with Bowls Australia and the software developers Savage Bull, it is opportune that we are able to provide another update below.
The developers are continuously working in the background to improve the system and more features will be added/ bugs fixed as time goes on. We thank all clubs and members who have taken the time to provide feedback on how the system could be improved, for the large majority we are aware of the main issues that you are facing, the software developers have flagged that the next round of updates and fixes will become actively visible to clubs and members at the start of November and will fix a large portion of these key issues.
Some of these adds and fixes include:
- Multiple managers of a single team entry
- Ability for entry managers to select team members from their club
- Duplicate member creation and checking process
- Fix manage teams when a member is already on a side team
- User Profile – Auto generate password button
- Members Listing – Club filter for club group admins
- Results configuration – change score to shot
We have requested communication directly from Bowls Australia and Savage Bull to support all Clubs and Associations by outlining timelines and details of fixes that are occurring which are nationwide and not just limited to South Australia.
Bowls SA are confident that we making progress into outstanding issues within our control and the improvement from clubs and members in confidence and capabilities in using the system has been very pleasing.
If you require a face to face visit to Bowls SA for further advice on Bowls Link, we encourage you to book in to attend the Bowls SA training centre on Friday November 1st or Friday November 8th between the hours of 10:00am – 2:00pm where a Bowls SA staff member will assist with your individual queries.
On behalf of Bowls SA Administration, I thank you for your patience, understanding and contribution during the rollout of the BowlsLink system. The Bowls SA Administration is experiencing a high level of enquiries, and is endeavouring to work through all receipted communication in a timely manner. If you require any further information please refer to the following useful links or give Bowls SA a call on 8234 7544 or email email@example.com
BowlsLink Relevant links -:
- Pennant results guide: http://www.bowlssa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/10/Bowls-Link-Pennant-Training-Guide-1.pdf
- User manual: http://www.bowlssa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/10/UserManual-ClubAdmin-1.pdf
- Reset Password help: http://www.bowlssa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/10/Reset-password-bowlslink.pdf
- Clearance procedure: http://www.bowlssa.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2019/10/CLEARANCES.pdf